Luke Haines/Peter Buck

I loved Beat Poetry for Survivalists. Apparently there are two new albums coming this year! Anyone else into this? Not as R.E.M.ish as Filthy Friends, and Luke Haines is probably an acquired taste, but I’m looking forward to the new stuff and hoping to catch them live, at the third time of asking, in April.

2 Likes

Love this album too. I liked Arthur Buck a lot, but this one feels much stronger to me, really enjoyable. I read somewhere there was talk of a second album this year, indeed, but I can’t tell for sure.

3 Likes

Going to see them in Glasgow in April.

I might be there! Depends if I can get away or not. I live in Lincolnshire now. Work/personal circumstances are difficult. But I’m hoping to go. Love Oran Mor as a venue.

I had tickets for Stowmarket originally but it got cancelled twice. Hasn’t been rescheduled. It’s Glasgow or London. I’d prefer Glasgow!

I’m with you - I enjoy the album (esp the closing track, so melodic) and LH is always an interesting and unique lyricist

1 Like

A re-imagining of Beat Poetry for Survivalists, coming out on Record Store Day.

3 Likes

Anyone else going to the London show tonight?

Wish I was. Went to Glasgow last week. I wasn’t disappointed. The new songs sound great. Enjoy!

1 Like

According to a new Scott McCaughey interview, Haines/Buck will be touring the UK in February. I’d imagine they’ll do Europe around the same time.

Nice interview with Haines and Buck here:

2 Likes

Yes nice interview! Listening right now. :+1:

1 Like

Nice interview with Peter Buck about the new record…

1 Like

Good interview, I was wondering where the album title came from! A few tracks from the new record have appeared on youtube - Luke Haines :+1:

1 Like

Buck/Haines tour dates announced. England only unfortunately. No European, or indeed Scottish dates. Bit gutted to be honest. Unlikely to be able to go to any of these.

1 Like

So, the Buck/Haines tour starts tomorrow. I’m not gonna see them this time as they ain’t coming to Scotland.

Anyone going?

I’m in the southern hemisphere, if I could I would. Hoping some live footage will appear on-line and also that they’ll tour Australia and play in Adelaide.

1 Like

Live video has appeared on youtube. Yes!
Psychedelic Sitar Casual - Gorilla. Manchester, England, 20 February 2023

1 Like

Another great live video from the UK tour, I believe this was London – Lafayette 25/02. “Beat Poetry For The Survivalist.”
https://youtu.be/U7YcDcGEnxY

1 Like

It was odd to see someone in one of the R.E.M. FB groups complaining about one of these shows recently. Their beef was something about there being no vocalist (there is one) and how anyone could call it “R.E.M.” without there being a vocalist. No one either in the original post or the comments made any reference to it being R.E.M. I guess it’s another instance of where people see what they want to see no matter what is actually written or said. Still, strange.