Looking for an old "friend"

Hey Adam Scott? Did you find your way back on here?

2 Likes

This is good rock and roll uh music.

4 Likes

My how I wish they’d record a new episode just to laugh and laugh at the terrible new stipe solo track.

2 Likes

There’s a new Stipe solo track?

Yes there is. This is a snippet - Michael Stipe "Future if Future" (2018) - YouTube I’m not sure if the full download is available anymore. The discussion thread here - New Stipe solo track out this spring.

Oh my. The drum machine and synths make me sad. Couldn’t he get actual musicians? I hope it’s a prototype.

I don’t mind electronica, but repetitive beeps annoy me. I’m getting old.

2 Likes

It’s not you. The track is soulless . It strips his voice, and sounds awful. Very sad to listen and think, Michael where have you gone?

3 Likes

I’m not saying I won’t listen to it once it’s released but I will say I’m not the least bit excited by the prospect of a Stipe solo album.

3 Likes

I’m in the minority then. I really like it.

I wish that noise was more in the background & not so predominant, it over shadows Michael.

1 Like

I don’t mind electronica either. In fact, I really like it when it’s well done. The problem is that this isn’t well done. It sounds like a kid playing with a freeware beats program he downloaded on his computer half an hour ago. It’s such a bummer.

2 Likes

I’m a HUGE Kraftwerk fan. That means I don’t mind really well-done electronica at all. This Stipe track sounds like a mini '80s Casio keyboard I had as a kid. It’s just awful in all aspects, as are most of his solo tracks.

1 Like

Not sure if he’s playing around & experimenting with a keyboard or some computer beats program to create the music to his solo releases, but if he is, I hope he’s having fun.

He actually did.

@ethank , Was that the answer to my original question?
Or one of these others that hijacked the thread?

2 Likes

Ethan, do you know if Michael is eventually going to release an album with his solo tracks on it? We got 5 I think, single track downloads. I’m looking forward to an album.