Let’s Talk Baseball

I used to love baseball in the 90s… Nolan Ryan, Jack McDowell and Tim Wakefield were my favorite players. I stopped following baseball when Wakefield retired, although I did check boxscores when Jamie Moyer was pitching near the end of his career.

2 Likes

Major League Baseball lost me when they started injecting politics and then did that crazy COVID season. Haven’t followed it at all since then.

1 Like

95% of mlb players are republicans and the teams are all owned by billionaires, so if you’re really concerned about politics and not just being performatively upset about false outrages, you can safely watch the sport without getting your feelings hurt, bud.

1 Like

You could start arguments like every other place on the Internet…

or instead you could watch Vlad Jr hit some dingers. :wink:

1 Like

This has been a rough week as a Red Sox fan.

1 Like

It’s been the worst MONTH ever if you’re a REDS fan…:tired_face:

I feel for you Reds fans. When your owner basically tells fans to go to hell and says if you don’t like the fact that they just had a fire sale after barely missing the playoffs last year he could just move the team… that’s rough.

Owners that have no interest in winning are a disease on the sport.

1 Like

Aaron Judge just hit HR #61.

I’m a bit conflicted; as a Sox fan it’s very difficult to root for a Yankee doing anything. I also wonder how much attention this would be getting if Judge were on the Rays or the Royals. And are people just pretending that the “AL HR record” is a thing so that we can ignore that Barry Bonds existed?

On the other hand, it is still kinda cool, and it’s not like I was a Bonds fan, so if we want to ignore him then fine. Ideally this will drive Judge’s FA price up, he’ll go to another team, and then I can start liking him.

1 Like

They may be undera

I’m not a baseball fan, and I understand there’s a lot of Astros hate out there, but my former boss knows Alex Bregman (he’s a good friend of her son’s, and he was in and out of her house all the time growing up) and he’s a hometown boy, so I feel obligated to root for them.

The Astros are horrible and so are the Phillies. Skip the World Series.

1 Like

Well, it’s not like I’m ever going to actually watch a baseball game! That would be boring.

There is nothing better than being near the field on a warm summer day, when it’s a close game, and fans on both side (possibly a beer & some buddies) to bring true joy to watching a game. I would have loved to be in the stadium for #61 :baseball:

1 Like

I get the appeal of actually attending a game, but on TV, I find it’s a total snooze.

Agreed! I loved playing the game, I love live games, but watching a game on TV is sure-fired plan for a nap!

1 Like

I went to the first game of the doubleheader Judge hit the 62nd homerun. He struck out three times and everybody else seemed to hit homers. Here’s a picture of Aaron Judge being chased by his tailor during pre-game warmup.

Amazing!! Must have been a wonderful experience! His tailor? I’m going to have to read out that!

1 Like

I’m convinced he’s such a busy dude that the only time he can get a suit fitted is while on the field, but my sister-in-law tried to tell me it was a trainer.

1 Like

As a basically neutral fan, I am enjoying the World Series this year. Kinda hope the Phillies pull it out, or at least take it to game 7.

:laughing: hilarious. Congrats to the Astros!