I found an album featuring Michael from 1980!

the band is Carol Levy (the subject of “Camera”), Tom Smith, and our boy. it’s very weird and chaotic and still I’m proud of myself… :blush:

5 Likes

Where on earth did you find it??? I’m very proud of you too and as weird (chaotic is a bit of an understatement)as it was I was so intrigued!!! Cool :+1::slightly_smiling_face::rooster:

3 Likes

Thanks Linda!
I was browsing Michael’s Discog page out of boredom - Michael Stipe | Discography | Discogs and suddenly I noticed this weird little release… I also noticed this one - Lost In The Trees – Time Taunts Me (2010, Red, Vinyl) - Discogs - but in this case I’m not sure if it’s the same Michael Stipe…

1 Like

Sounds like some kind of ritual. Nice find!

1 Like

You should be proud! Nice find.

1 Like

Great find indeed!!!

The Micheal Stipe on the Lost In The Trees album is linked to the real Michal Stipe, but credited to have performed Trumpet and Flugelhorn (curious). Assume it’s an error on the part of the original submitter, who has added the credits as well.

2 Likes

Correct. Not the same Michael Stipe.

2 Likes

I’ve corrected it on Discogs :smiley:

1 Like

I’m a fan of Lost of the Trees and first became aware of the other Michael Stipe when he and other members of Lost in the Trees were part of Chris Stamey’s Big Star’s Third. It was a bit confusing at first as Mike Mills is usually a member of that ensemble as well.

1 Like

But the Michael Stipe on the “Kitty Even Foxier” album is still our guy? Or was he the other one too?

Our guy, of course. we know he made music with Carol Levy in the early days, and you can even hear him mumbling from time to time on the album…

1 Like