I feel better having screamed

Not venting about politics at this time. I’m screaming at scammers, fakes and frauds. They are a scourge on society. I get several a week, sometimes 3 in a day mostly via email or on my mobile phone. The latest is someone claiming they are from Amazon, I owe them $700 for a phone I ordered, which I didn’t. I rarely use Amazon. And text messages stating “Your parcel could not be delivered. What now…?” with a vague link attached. Most of the time I delete & ignore, but when I get several in a short time I get really pissed off & reply with obscenities. My address has changed. Please send parcel to 21 Bigdck Ave. Cntville. You liar, you dumb scamming fuck. It’s probably a lost cause responding, I’m hoping there maybe a slim chance that I might grossly offend the frauds, and that makes me feel better.

5 Likes

Depending upon who it is, I tend not to answer my phone. I figure if it’s important enough, they’ll leave a voicemail. I don’t really have an issue with scammers via email. Gmail tends to do a pretty good job of sorting my email, though some spam sometimes shows up in my Primary folder. When and if it does, it’s usually pretty obvious it’s spam. On the phone call thing, a scammer did spoof Apple once leading me to believe I was receiving a phone call from them. I should have known better but I fell for it. There was nothing I could do about it so I just chalked it up as a lesson learned.

1 Like

I accidentally applied for a job, but on one of those sites that gives your info to every fu$%ing school in the universe. I too have a lesson learned. I now make sure it’s the actual site, before applying.

1 Like

I haven’t any call me this week. I haven’t heard from fake “Windows Technical Dept” for a while, they must have morphed into fake “Amazon.”

1 Like

You know I wouldn’t be surprised if I get all call from a fake Supreme court judge saying there’s an arrest warrant against me because I have been abusive to someone from fake “Amazon” and I have to pay $$$ to avoiding getting arrested.

1 Like

If you feel better then it’s worth it, but millions have gotten that email, I get several a day and never open them :slightly_smiling_face::rooster::rooster:

3 Likes

That’s right, millions have gotten scam mail. It’s garbage one deletes, and more garbage in the world to deal with.

1 Like

This one nearly got me. A text on my mobile.
“Mum, my phone is broken but I really need help. Calling on someone else’s phone (insert number here). It’s really important.call me on that # asap”.
I showed it to Nigel, who said.”Scam. Don’t call that number.” I was so torn. Even though my kids are grown doesn’t mean I stop worrying. But 2 of them were in bed here, 1 would’ve called Nigel because he’s calmer and my son lives in Australia, and the other daughter lives in Vienna with her bf and son. The give away was the bastard didn’t sign the text with a name or initial, I could see the number was U.K.and so I deleted it. How far will people go? Anything like that sent to a parent is gonna hit the panic button if you have a kid, unless they’re with you. This is why I fucking hate people. This piece of shit probably sent the same message to, say 100 people. Can you imagine how many parents almost lost their minds worrying? And I don’t know what they were trying to extort, bank or credit card details probably. That little scheme would have worked very nicely for those rot in hell scammers. It seems no level is too low for some so called humans. I hope hell does exist.

2 Likes

The dad of one of Kathleen’s friends was scammed out of $1,000 by someone who called and told him that the “Mexican cartel” was holding his daughter hostage. I like to think I wouldn’t fall for it, but I haven’t ever been awakened in the middle of the night by a call like that. It’s good you didn’t panic!

1 Like

Thanks to my level headed husband. My knee jerk reaction was to panic, and when people use YOUR KIDS to try to do whatever extortion by using your family. to me that is go straight to hell do not pass go do not collect $200. BASTARDS. FUCKING BASTARDS.

3 Likes

I’ve had calls from fake financial institutions lately, at least one a week. They play roulette. One got lucky and guessed the name of my bank - “We are confirming a withdrawal of $$$ from your account. Did you authorize this withdrawal?” I said “Which account? What’s the account No.?” He said - “An account is an account” What a stupid answer, I hung up on him.

2 Likes

That’s a “Hades, party of one, next to the furnace” seat ticket.

3 Likes