I Could Use Your Help

As some of you may be aware, I was recently in an accident that left me without a vehicle as it was totaled. I also had no collision insurance so I won’t be receiving any compensation. I have been working but only part-time so savings are low. On the upside, neither myself or the driver of the other vehicle were seriously injured. Also, thanks to the generosity of friends and loved ones, I’ve received donations to help me out with a used vehicle and living expenses via Venmo and Go Fund Me. I want to share those links here but please don’t feel like you are under any obligation to donate. However, if you do, know that no amount is too small. Also, if you would like to share the links, please feel free to do so. Again, there’s no obligation to do so. Mostly, I’m thankful for all of the love and support I’ve received from my family and friends. Much love to each and all.

Venmo

GoFundMe
https://www.gofundme.com/f/please-help-me-raise-funds-for-a-used-vehicle?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1

2 Likes

I’m trying! But can’t get it to work. Might be an issue with my phone. I’ll try the laptop tomorrow.

1 Like

Thank you. If it continues not to work, let me know.

1 Like

It worked this time. I used the link from the ‘how’s it going’ thread. So I wonder if the link in this thread is ropey. Anyway, good luck, hope you’re on the mend.

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

Thanks to the overwhelming generosity of everyone I have a set of wheels and all things being equal, will be returning to work this week. However, I have some expenses that still need to be met. If you haven’t donated and would like to, please consider doing so. No amount is too small. If you’re unable to, please consider sharing this info on social media. That said, no one is under any obligation to donate anything. However, I appreciate all that have as none of this would have been possible without your donations. Links below to my Venmo and Go Fund Me. If for some reason either of the links don’t work, please let me know.

VENMO
https://account.venmo.com/u/Charles-Lee-560

GOFUNDME
https://www.gofundme.com/f/please-help-me-raise-funds-for-a-used-vehicle?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=p_cp%20share-sheet&fbclid=IwAR1u0a_6wZaQuxW8NyisSq71PN5XX4WS1zbCXN3_zOItvjL4w2rRoCPWUEQ

5 Likes

Glad to see you’re on the road again! :+1:

3 Likes

Me too. Thank you. Without everyone’s generosity there’s no telling where I would be. Likely with no transportation at all and no job. I’m beyond grateful that hasn’t turned out to be the case.

4 Likes

Week before last I was told I will have to leave the residence where I’m presently living. So far, I have not been successful in finding another place to stay. There is a homeless shelter nearby but there are no beds available. Yesterday I was informed by my boss that the company we work for will be going out of business on Sunday. Tomorrow is our last day of work. I have been looking for more work but so far nothing has panned out. If anyone would like to donate to either my GoFundMe or Venmo those donations would be welcome. If not, no worries.

In my last job, I worked for an independent contractor. However, the place where I worked reached out to me and my coworker to let us know they’d try to keep us on if at all possible. I’m pleased to report, that is what has happened. I will not be working in the same location but it will be for this same entity. Training begins next week. I’ll start work on the new job shortly thereafter. Considering the succession of events in recent months this is welcome news but in the back of my mind I’m always fearing that something else is going to go wrong because unfortunately, that is what became my reality over the course of the past six months. For the moment, I’m trying to at least allow myself to experience joy over this latest development. It’s most certainly a step in the right direction and gives me hope for the future. Thanks to each and all that have been supportive through all of this. I deeply appreciate it.

3 Likes

That’s great to hear! I hope things start looking up for you.

2 Likes

Starting in late November, I started having issues with the new (used) car I was able to raise money for following my wreck last year. Long story short, I ended up having to have the head gasket replaced. One of my family members helped out with that but unlike when they helped donate for me to get another vehicle, I’ll have to pay them back this time. I have no issue with that whatsoever as they (as well as other members of my family and friends) have been beyond generous in helping me out. A few days after I got my car back, I learned my bank account had been breached. My entire savings (which admittedly isn’t much) was in there. They took most of it. I will be reimbursed for what was stolen but there is no telling when that’s going to happen. As it stands now, if that reimbursement doesn’t arrive soon, I will not make it to my next paycheck on March 15th. If anyone would like to donate to my Venmo or Go Fund Me, the links are below. If you are unable to or simply don’t want to, I understand. If you do decide to donate to my Venmo, it will ask you for the last 4 digits of my phone number. They are 3377. Thank you.

Venmo
https://account.venmo.com/u/Charles-Lee-560

GoFundMe
https://www.gofundme.com/f/please-help-me-raise-funds-for-a-used-vehicle?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=p_cp%20share-sheet&fbclid=IwAR1u0a_6wZaQuxW8NyisSq71PN5XX4WS1zbCXN3_zOItvjL4w2rRoCPWUEQ