Hezalin - Rest in Peace

On the original Murmurs over 20 years ago there were so many regulars I got to know, it was an amazing community. One person who was always happy and chatty was Hezalin.

I was extremely sad to learn that yesterday she finally succumbed to the cancer she’d been fighting for so long. As someone who’s facing their own mortality her character and outlook was an inspiration.

Hezalin was a person I always associated with the positive side of the REM community. My heartfelt thoughts go out to her partner Chris and the rest of her family.

10 Likes

I remember meeting Hezalin at the Atlanta R.E.M. show back in 2008. We kept in touch by way of Facebook after that and talked quite a lot. I woke up this morning to the sad news. I miss her and am sending my best to Chris and the rest of her family.

9 Likes

I’m sad to hear. Hezalin was part of my early social media experience here at murmurs. I remember her friendly, and fun in These Elvis Poses & "The Green Light Room. Fond memories. :two_hearts: I still have a soft spot for those days. Rest in Peace Hez

7 Likes

I’m really sad to hear that. I didn’t know her, but remember her user name from the old Murmurs. My condolences to her family and friends.

7 Likes

So sad to hear this. Hezalin was a lot of fun in the OG days of Murmurs. Condolences to her family and friends. :pensive:

6 Likes

Thanks for posting this. I was gonna post something but kept forgetting.

3 Likes

Very sad to hear this, i just read it on facebook, I knew she was fighting cancer for many years now and have been following her updates via FB, i didn’t know her but feel she was always positive despite what she was going through.

3 Likes

Sad to hear of Hezalin’s passing. I remember her from the original Murmurs, she graciously helped me out with a few b&p’s back in the day. She was always a positive voice in the fan community. Condolences to all that are grieving.

4 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear it! I have very fond memories of her, and it’s hard to know that she’s gone.

5 Likes

So sorry to learn this. I’ve always been amazed by Heather’s positivity in the very long battle she fought with cancer. To me she was an inspiration and a great warrior. If it were up to me, her spirit would be in Valhalla. So brave, so good. Deep consolations to Chris and all who loved her.

4 Likes