Have you ever tried to make the list of your favourite songs?

I remember making one I posted on FB that included “The Flowers of Guatemala” and “Xanadu” by Rush but trying to find it would be like trying to find a needle in a haystack. I’ve made far more favorite albums lists than favorite songs ones and would say the latter is much more fluid and difficult to make.

2 Likes

Ah now, a road trip mix is a completely different ballgame and, to my mind, independent of favourite songs. Let’s be old and go with a C90 tape:

There side:

1. The Who - Baba O’Riley 5:00
  2. David Bowie - Space Oddity 4:33
  3. R.E.M. - Departure 3:31
  4. Beastie Boys - Gratitude 2:52
  5. Queen - Breakthrough 4:17
  6. Nirvana - Smells like Teen Spirit 4:39
  7. The Jam - A Town called Malice 2:58
  8. Wilson Pickett - Mustang Sally 3:08
  9. Oasis - Roll with it 3:59
  10. The Rolling Stones - Jumping Jack Flash 3:46
  11. Marius Müller-Westernhagen - Mit 18 5:14

44:57

Back side (haw haw):

1. Otis Redding - These Arms of Mine 2:34
  2. Spliff - Heut Nacht 4:26
  3. The Beatles - Norwegian Wood 2:05
  4. Patti Smith - Paths that cross 4:18
  5. Josh Ritter - Me and Jiggs 3:08
  6. Hozier feat. Mavis Staples - Nina cried Power 3:49
  7. Brian May - Last Horizon 4:17
  8. Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb 6:23
  9. Paul Weller - You do something to me 3:34
  10. Jack O’Rourke - Sea Swimming 3:46
  11. Hole - Doll Parts 3:41
  12. Frank Sinatra - In the wee small Hours 2:57

44:56

Yikes… Considering I haven’t actually made a physical mixtape since the nineties and only took the timings retrospectively to check if my instinct still works, that turned out pretty well! :cowboy_hat_face: It’s an obsolete skill, but it’s a cool obsolete skill! :sunglasses:

6 Likes

For a while on YouTube, until they pissed me of… I would play music that was a mixed tape. Literally. I would take my $8.00 boombox and record CD to tape and then play said tape while I was painting, until they decided to mute them, because of copyright shit! Fuckers! I mean the quality was shit. It was coming out of a boombox to a camera speaker. I even put who was playing in the comments.

4 Likes

Great, though! I mean what you did there, not YT muting it!

Of course, I went to Instascam* and they pulled the same shit!:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

*I said what I said.

1 Like