Connect Festival Edinburgh

Hi folks! Anyone else making it to Edinburgh next weekend for the Connect Festival? The line up just is blowing me away - https://connectmusicfestival.com/ and was the reason for my first international trip since 2019.

I’m a little bummed out Massive Attack had to back out, but looking forward to seeing Idles tear up the stage. I honestly impulsively bought tickets when I found out Ride was playing Nowhere in full, Idlewild was playing The Remote Part in full, and The National was set to headline. Now looking at the full lineup, I’m nerding out about Jessie Buckley and Bernard Butler, the Twilight Sad, Holly Humberstone, Stuart Braithwaithe and James Graham, Mogwai, Sudan Archives… and just exploring so much. I can’t wait.

1 Like

Yeah it’s good to see bands come out, returning to play live again this year at festivals & venues. Have fun & drop back in and tells us about it!

1 Like

I cannot express just how incredible this festival was. I’m back home Stateside now, but stellar sets from Twilight Sad, Mogwai, Caribou, Kathryn Joseph, Sudan Archives, Ride, The National, Chemical Brothers, Idles…. Absolute highlights were seeing The National play a couple of songs acoustically in honor of the Tiny Changes charity and the biggest of the trip was seeing Idlewild play The Remote Part from start to finish. Roddy’s voice is lower than it was back in the day so he had some tough time hitting some of the range but he acknowledged it and still nailed the whole thing. Great music in a gorgeous setting and I’m thinking depending on lineup of going again next year. Downside is it does seem to coincide a little with Fringe meaning prices are on the higher side.

2 Likes

Great! Thanks for sharing the festival experience! :+1: