Chronic Town fanzine

Does anyone remember this? It was UK-based. Wondering if the dude who made it is on here. It was great.

In a box somewhere in our room of doom, I have every issue. I think there was about 20-25 of them. In the days before the Internet, it was such an amazing source of R.E.M.ness. I had an album review published in it once. (Counting Crows - August and Everything After, if you’re wondering…)

5 Likes

Someone recently inquired about it in the R.E.M. Fans United group on FB. I grew up in a rural area of NC and never saw a fanzine in those days or even knew what they were until years later.

1 Like

A lot of fanzines were rubbish. But Chronic Town was excellent. I’ll dig that box out sometime and post some screenshots.

6 Likes

I’ve just seen that post. It was two days ago! I’m a little bit freaked out that, at almost the same time as I made this thread, someone else was doing the same thing on Facebook! The world is weird, man…

2 Likes

Are they still available to purchase somewhere, somehow?

Not that I know of. But I haven’t looked. Could probably get a few on ebay.

Chronic Town was awesome, always looked forward to it arriving in my letterbox. I had a collection of every issue but sold it a few years ago :frowning: @binky1978 I’d love to see some pics at some point, for old times sake.

2 Likes

Just moved house. (That’s a painful story, for another thread…)

Anyway, unpacking some boxes today and I’ve just found these…

Will post some more photos later when I get a bit of time.

6 Likes