Around The Sun and Collapse Into Now - Vinyl Reissue

Yes just noticed too, looks weird to me

And now the info reads “REMHQ.com-exclusive color edition.”. Nothing about 500 copies. Wonder of they noticed a higher demand and decided to press more copies.

2 left when I checked now. :thinking:

That usually never happens…. I wonder it that’s a bug and at a certain point the transaction gets stuck somewhere

1 Like

Anyone seen any mention of Accelerate being re-released on vinyl? A while away from any anniversary editions

Not sure if website Sound of Vinyl has gone early but they are advertising the Reveal and Accelerate reissues on black vinyl

I’ve just had an email from REMHQ confirming that these are available to pre-order. Out on 25th August.

Happy for these to be released, but I think it’s probably safe to say that Up will be the last of the 25th anniversary editions, which is a shame.

I don’t think that’s necessarily true, they probably want to get these out of print albums back out there while the getting is good. I expect a Reveal retrospective in 2026, the ones after that might be more doubtful. From that point onwards the cultural impact of new R.E.M. releases became significantly lower.

Same. Think they will continue with the 25 year anniversary versions as they are more for the hardcore fan rather than those who just want a copy for under ÂŁ150 (Discogs pricing).

I hope you’re both right. There’s some good stuff we haven’t heard yet. A studio version of Weatherman (or a version that doesn’t sound like it was recorded on a Nokia 3310) would be amazing. I think that was Around the Sun era.

3 Likes

Ethan also mentioned a slower version of “I’m Gonna DJ” recorded for Around the Sun once. I guess the Up reissue will tell us if they’re still willing to make an effort, or will just bundle up the b-sides again.

2 Likes

I kinda believe them when they say there wasn’t really any extra stuff for Hi-Fi. It was written and recorded on the road. But yeah, if the Up reissue follows the same pattern I’ll be pretty gutted. I have a lot of Up outtakes, demos etc. They definitely exist. I guess we’ll find out soon!

There was definitely extra stuff for NAIHF. REM timeline shows them recording “Away” in the spring of 1996 (had been soundchecked during the tour), plus “Candle Man,” “Louis,” “Monkeyshines,” “Open Up,” “Infected,” “Can Opener,” and “I Will Survive” at Bad Animals. They also recorded an instrumental of Daysleeper (would be neat to hear that with Bill).

I would have probably purchased NAIHF 25 had they included unreleased material, as I did with Monster and AFTP.

6 Likes

I didn’t receive an email this time, but was lucky to have been able to order the limited edition vinyl of Reveal and Accelerate.

Wonder if they would release Accelerate and Collapse Into Now on cassette.

The last album to be released on cassette was Around the Sun. I’ve got the Thailand, Indonesia and Turkiye releases. Reveal was the last album to be released on tape in the US and Europe.