38 Years of Stop Making Sense

Released on this day in 1984. Link below to an article Elizabeth Nelson wrote about it for the 35th anniversary in 2019 for The Ringer.

2 Likes

The podcast ā€œStrong Songsā€ did an episode on Stop Making Sense last year, which I thought was pretty good: Talking Heads: Stop Making Sense | Strong Songs: A Podcast About Music

1 Like

It really is the same as it ever was David Byrne! Why does nothing really change at the top?? Blithering idiots still in charge, environmental change not happening as quickly as it could be, war war war I could go onā€¦ but I think Iā€™ll go to bed instead. Time for bed said Zebedee :disguised_face: :tangerine:boing :curly_loop:

Remastered version coming this year. David Byrne gets out the suit for a new trailer:

3 Likes

THAT ISā€¦a suit and a half (literally) :laughing:

1 Like

Coming in September.

2 Likes

I bought the new vinyl reissue yesterday and cannot wait to spin it.

I was too young to see Talking Heads back in the day, but I did see the most recent David Byrne tour. Quite amazing.

5 Likes

i will be seeing this in IMAX! i wasnā€™t born when it originally came out. this will be a wonderful treat.

2 Likes

Saw this tonight! Pretty awesome.

@maybellineyes did you see it in imax? I just saw it at a regular theater.

yes i saw it in imax. the only thing i was disappointed in was the theater full of people NOT dancing. i was clapping and dancing in my seat.

3 Likes