R.E.M. In CREEM Magazine

Hi all! I’ve been digging in the new CREEM Magazine Archive and found this. Would love to use this thread to see what other R.E.M. things people find in the Archive and we can talk about them!

6 Likes

There was also a cover story on them (maybe more than one) but I believe the one I’m thinking of was around the time of Fables (1985).

1 Like

I will look and see if I can find it! Thank you!

They’re on the cover of the November 1986 issue
Does this look familiar @DriverNate ?

2 Likes

Yes, I remember that one. I believe this is the one I was thinking from 1985. And to clarify, I realize they didn’t get the entire cover.

s-l400

1 Like

At one time, I owned both those issues! I’m not sure if they’re still among the ones I’ve hung on to.

2 Likes

I have them along with a bunch of other old issues of Creem, Rolling Stone (going back to newsprint days), Hit Parader, Circus, Rock Scene, Spin, etc. There’s not many details but Creem is going to attempt another relaunch of sorts soon.

1 Like

I used to subscribe. They were in mom’s attic, which I sold the house to my nephew at a lowww price so he would store my stuff. I can only pray some of my stuff survived as it was the deal.

1 Like
4 Likes

Such a cool page. I only hope my nephew honored the deal and mine are still in that attic. I subscribed for years. I know lots of '70’s but 80’s too😟that’s how much faith I have

2 Likes