NPR Tiny Desk Concerts

1 Like

@DriverNate This is so soothing and just the balm I need right now, thank you.

1 Like

Got their first two albums on vinyl. Great stuff.

(Thinking about friends and colleagues in Khartoum and the rest of Sudan. Terrible and sad what’s happening right now)

3 Likes

Gaelynn Lee, with Alan Sparhawk from Low. Not sure if I’ve already posted this one, but posting again cos this is the voice you can hear on the new Stipe song.

3 Likes

This is incredibly moving the sound of the violin with the strumming guitar plus the voice is exquisite. Wonderful.

2 Likes

Thank you @cliffonthemoon somehow this reaches parts of the brain other music doesn’t reach and opens it up.

1 Like

This is an amazing performance. When I saw this five years ago, I went out and bought her EP " Songs We Sing Along The Way". Beautiful.

2 Likes

Apologies if already posted. I’m just now getting to this as I continue down the Phoebe Bridgers, Julien Baker, boygenius, Better Oblivion Community Center, etc. rabbit hole.

3 Likes

Anna Tivel has a new Tiny Desk. She’s presently on tour supporting Joe Pug and Jeffrey Martin. I caught her in Wilmington, NC last year where she treated us to a surprise performance of her new album Outsiders in its entirety. Highly recommended if you have the opportunity to see her.

2 Likes

I haven’t watched yet but I’m looking forward to doing so.

2 Likes

Alvvays makes their debut on Tiny Desk.

2 Likes

nice. alvvays rule.

here’s one of my favs, cate le bon. simple, beautiful. great guitar. she’s like stephen malkmus + syd barrett + television.

4 Likes

New Tiny Desk featuring Wednesday.

2 Likes