New Sharon Van Etten

From the new Sharon Van Etten album We’ve Been Going About This All Wrong which is out today. She took a different approach with this album, only releasing b-sides from it and no singles until today. I’m a fan but was not all that taken with some of what I heard from her previous album, Remind Me Tomorrow as I was not feeling the dance/pop vibe. That said, I did enjoy the acoustic versions of some of those songs she performed on Tiny Desk. I’ve only heard a couple songs from her new album so far, both of which I like. Looking forward to listening to more from it.

6 Likes

I like “Porta” a lot.

1 Like

I’ve only heard a little bit of the new album and like what I’ve heard so far. I need to delve into it more. I got into her music starting with “Tramp” and really liked the run of albums since including “Remind Me Tomorrow.”

I’ll be seeing her on her Wildhearts tour in July which has a great lineup with Angel Olsen and Julien Baker. I’ve attached a couple photos from a show in September 2019 when I last saw her at Pappy and Harriet’s near Joshua Tree.

1 Like

Molly Ringwald interviews Sharon for Interview magazine.

1 Like

I know it’s a thing with some vocalists but still I find it unfortunate that Sharon feels the need to smoke just to maintain her “rasp.” The other side to that is that it could eventually rob her of her ability to sing all together. If that sounds preachy, so be it. I know we all make personal life choices even knowing full well ahead of time that they’re not wise ones. I’m as guilty of it as anyone.

In this piece from The Guardian Sharon answers questions submitted by fans.

From last night on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert.

1 Like

man- this is just excellent.

1 Like

From WXPN’s World Cafe today.