Originally posted by mountainbed9
I have a couple of questions for you?
1) What do you think of Don Cherry?
2) Are you a Separatist?
3) Should Murmurs have all posts in both English and French?
4) Why is your dollar so devalued.
5) Do you want to move to Nunavut?
6) Have you ever been to Yellowknife? What is your favorite Canadian Rock Band?
As I am no longer Joni's virtual slave, I can now answer your questions about Canada:
1) Although most feminists would lynch me for this, I like Don Cherry. He does a lot of volunteer work and charity work (in his late wife's memory) and is *not* afraid to speak his mind. Ever. 'Nuff said. He also is a *strong supporter* of the Canadian Women's hockey team. Our girls kicked butt in Salt Lake City!
2) Je nais pas une separatiste (I am not a Separatist). I believe in a peaceful, bilingual society.
3) As Murmurs is an American website, then posts should be in English only. The USA is not a bilingual country.
4) I have no idea why our dollar is so devalued, but there are some contributing factors. Canadian workers make, on the average, about $18.00/hr; American workers make much less. Following this . . . . We have to try and sell our products in a global economy, at a price that will pay our workers, our universal health system, our universal pension system, etc. Following this . . . . but no one in the world economy will give us, anymore for our goods, than they will give, say, our American neighbours. I think this is a good start to understanding the devaluement of the Canadian Economy.
5) Nunavut???? There's no bass fishing in Nunavut, therefore, MLG would not live there!
6) Never been to Yellowknife, too many blackflies and mosquitoes.
7) My favourite Canadian Rock Band is the Tragically Hip; my favourite Canadian male vocal artist is Art Bergman; my favourite Canadian female vocal artist is Sarah McLaughlin.
On a final note, remember, *real women* who curl and golf in Canada, *always* wear KILTS!
Maple Leaf Gal Forever